Don't miss out on this golden opportunity to become an inspiring Lead Teacher backed by the UK video games industry.Apply now
Digital Schoolhouse together with Nintendo UK, uses play-based learning to engage pupils and teachers with Computing. The programme is delivered by games trade body Ukie and is backed by the creative digital industries and government. Sponsors include PlayStation®, SEGA, Ubisoft and Outright Games.Contact us
Apply by 5pm GMT on Thursday 31 March 2022
Fill out your application below
Why become a Lead Teacher?
There are so many benefits to being part of the Digital Schoolhouse programme! You'll join a network of over 50 Schoolhouses and 70 Lead Teachers who are passionate about Computing education. We’ll help you harness your own creativity for a lasting impact on pupils, and to challenge perceptions of computing through exploration and innovation within our lead teacher community. Below are just some of the many benefits to being part of our programme.
Free to join!
You can even apply for a bursary to support your school!
Free certified CPD & training
Harness your creativity & personal development with accredited CPD
Raised school profile locally and nationally
Market your workshops & connect with local businesses to boost your profile!
Direct links with the UK video games industry
You'll be given direct access to the biggest publishers incl. Nintendo & PlayStation.
& so much more!
The application process
How to apply
- Submit your application form by Thursday 31 March 2022 at 5pm GMT.
- Digital Schoolhouse will review and notify you of the status of your application by no later than Friday 29 April 2022.
- If you have been successful, you will be invited to a selection interview during the month of May. You must be prepared to answer a number of questions about your application. We will be in touch about the format of this interview but please be aware that this might include a visit by a member of the Digital Schoolhouse team.
- If you have passed the selection interview stage, you will be invited to the Digital Schoolhouse Summer Boot-up Camp for a two day induction, networking, and certified CPD with the new cohort of teachers.
Who can apply?
- Primary, secondary or college level institutions can apply.
- You have a good grasp of the Computing curriculum and a flair for creativity.
- You want to become a leader in your Community and have the capacity to deliver Computing to your local primaries.
Read our Standards of Practice to understand exactly what is required of a Lead Teacher.