Learn game design and filmmaking at the Middlesex University Summer Success Camp
You can now take part in the Middlesex University Summer Success Camp: a three week online course encouraging the next generation of digital creators to learn new skills in games design, filmmaking and writing!
How to take part
- Check the Summer Success Camp Timetable to see dates and times for your sessions
- Head to the Middlesex University YouTube page just before each session is due to start
- When prompted, visit menti.com and enter the code provided at the beginning of each session (this means you can register your attendance and ask questions during the session)
This innovative virtual summer camp is offering young people aged 11 to 14 years the chance to take part in unique online lessons in creating video games and films.
Digital Schoolhouse’s very own lead teacher, Michael Skilton from Neatherd High School will be leading game design workshops three hours per week.
As a Computing and maths teacher and Digital Schoolhouse esports lead at Neatherd High School, Mr Skilton’s mission is to get students enthusiastic about Computing. He will guide learners through games design in a fun and engaging way – keeping them constantly interacting and learning outside the box!
Mr Skilton will be teaching a series of Game Design workshops including Part-baked Games: Chef’s Edition which will introduce students to the concept of prototyping, based on Outright Games Gigantosaurus.
The top 35 students that attend the most sessions will also get special gift box from games studio, KONAMI Digital Entertainment!
What will students get out of the Summer Success Camp?
- Develop KS3 numeracy and literacy
- Delivered by inspirational teachers, MDX students and staff
- Embed digital skills and explore career options
- Rewards - digital badges, prizes and a lot of fun
If you’re interested in careers in video games and the creative digital industries, check out One Minute Mentor and be inspired by the professionals themselves!